About Ticket Arena and Event Genius
Established in 2008, Ticket Arena is one of the largest online ticket agents in the UK, selling tickets for the biggest club events, gigs, concerts, festivals and more in the UK and internationally.
Having partnered with some of the biggest events, club promoters and artists in the UK and internationally including The Warehouse Project, Bugged Out, Hideout Festival, Parklife Festival, Carl Cox, Hospitality, XOYO and more, developing strong relationships with some of the most influential brands across the globe.
We also aim to be a key event technology provider, striving to help promoters manage their events as efficiently as possible, both online and through on site technologies. Alongside Ticket Arena we have our software platform Event Genius, which includes various tools such as white label payments, ticket scanning apps, POS systems, pay monthly ticketing (Payment Plan) and more.
Alongside Event Genius' core function, we design and build websites on our platform for event organisers, venues, artists and boast an impressive roster of sites including Carl Cox, XOYO, Fire London, Lightbox, Detonate and many more.
Please visit http://www.eventgenius.co.uk for more information on the Event Genius platform.
Event Genius are hiring a PHP Developer to join the internal development team. The candidate will be providing development support to a number of existing internal and external systems, delivering fixes to complex problems that are critical to the business' operations. These include a ticketing platform (www.ticketarena.co.uk), an events management system for promotors (www.eventgenius.co.uk) and several box offices (http://ibiza-rocks-tickets.eventgenius.co.uk¸ www.thewarehouseproject.com).
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for software and willingness to learn. The candidate will be joining a highly capable team of software developers and there will be plenty of scope for them to pick up new technologies and languages.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist support staff with debugging customer problems.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve technical issues using a variety of resources.
- Investigate and provide workarounds where possible.
- Reproduce issues locally and provide a patch to resolve software issues.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined development team.
- Maintain an internal knowledgebase to allow common issues to be resolved quickly.
- Manage own workload efficiently and remain flexible enough to resolve time-critical tasks.
- Assist with other ad-hoc IT duties as required.
- Experience in a support role
- Experience with PHP
- Experience problem solving and fixing bugs
- Excellent English - both written and verbal
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with git
- Leeds City centre office (3 minutes walk from train station)
- Relaxed and contemporary environment
- 25 days holiday
- Mac Laptop
- We’re fun and sociable (drinks, dinners, Free events etc)
- And more depending on experience